Monday, April 27, 2009

Mothers Day Is Coming. Get Those Kids Building!

When I was a kid, I used to create and build things.  That's probably how it all started for me.  I wasn't lucky enough to have home improvement centers that offered free building classes for kids.  Years ago I took my kids to Home Depot on Saturdays so they could learn to build.  I'm pretty sure they made a birdhouse, a bat house and a critter cage.  They had fun and I enjoyed watching them.

Lowe's Home Improvement Center offers the same program.  So if you have the time and want you kids to learn basic woodworking skills, sign them up for the Lowe's Build and Grow clinic.  They offer it on the second and fourth Saturday of each month.  Each kid gets a free apron, goggles and a project-themed patch and a merit certificate.  To sign up at your local Lowe's visit Lowes.com/BuildandGrow

May 9th at 10AM your kids will build a planter (a great Mother's Day gift) that includes a free plant!

May 23, at 10AM-the kids will create a Ready-To-Go Kit.  A handy project to help families prepare for natural disasters.

June 13, at 10AM-Putting Green.  A desktop game for Fathers Day.

June 27th, 10AM-a pirate ship.

Don't miss out on an opportunity to spend time with your child and watch them grow and learn. I wish mine were little again.......


Christy
01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment