Friday, November 23, 2007

More on tabletops

Creative Tabletops.............

I just can't help myself. I love to create tabletops. At some point I'll have too many and won't know what to do with all of them.


Here is just another idea.


The set pictured on the right was purchased about 20 years ago in Fortunoffs. I was single at the time and this was my kitchen set. It is made of fiberglass and has lasted so many years but still in great condition. It's been painted three different colors over the years. This table and chairs now inhabit my porch. I just felt like I wanted to do something a little different with it.


The table had a plain glass top that sat on a fiberglass stand. I found a round wicker rug ($3.00)in a basket store in South Carolina. It just happened to fit exactly "under"my glass tabletop. The hardest part was cutting out a perfect round circle out of plywood which I happened to have hanging around my basement. My jigsaw worked great for that part. That is one of the most versatile tools in my collection. A must have!


I used a Sharpy marker to draw the large flower onto the wicker. It wasn't difficult, just a round circle in the middle and eight petals. The flower was then painted with acrylic paints. A quick clear coat was then applied to protect it. Actually the glass that was placed on it really protects it, but I'm big on clear coating everything I paint.


I get plenty of comments on this tabletop now. It's definitely unique and only cost $3.00 to complete.






01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment